We went out to dinner one night and tried a bacon and brussels sprout flatbread. It was so good, I had to recreate it at home!
- dough, this is actually the same recipe for the BBQ Chicken flat bread, but now I make all the dough, and then separate it into two halves. Roll one half out and freeze the other half until next time. This allows the dough to be even thinner and more crispy.
- 4 slices of bacon
- ~ 8 frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and quartered
- black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- shredded parmesan
- shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Roll out the dough and place on greased baking sheet
- Cook the dough for about 8 minutes.
- While the dough is in the oven, heat a large skillet on medium.
- Cook the bacon until it’s how you like it. I prefer mine to be crispy. Chop or tear apart into pieces after it has cooled down.
- Save a little bit of the bacon grease in the pan and add the brussels sprouts, garlic and pepper to taste.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, and then set aside.
- Remove the dough from the oven and carefully flip over. Leave the oven on.
- Place a layer of parmesan cheese on the bread, followed by the bacon, brussels sprouts and more cheese. The amount of cheese to add is whatever your personal preference.
- Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove and slice.