Barbecue chicken flatbread, or what I like to call BBQ chicken pizza without the sauce. 🙂
- dough, click here for recipe, don’t bake it yet *if you want a chewier dough use bread flour, use All-Purpose flour for a crisper dough
- shredded chicken
- barbecue sauce, I like Stubbs
- diced red onion, about half of it
- diced bell pepper, about half of it
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450°
- Generously coat the shredded chicken in barbecue sauce.
- Put about a tablespoon of oil into a skillet and put on medium heat.
- Place diced peppers in the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes and then add the onions. Sauté both until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Place on a greased pan and place in the oven for about 8 minutes. *This is to make sure the top is cooked all the way through before putting on the toppings.
- Carefully remove the flatbread from the oven and top with cheese, chicken, onions and peppers. Followed by pouring a little more barbecue sauce on top of the flatbread.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes, where the cheese is melted and the bottom is cooked all the way through.