Shredded chicken is a very versatile food. You can cover it in barbecue sauce, taco seasoning or anything else you can think of; there are endless possibilities. This makes it a great meal starter and it’s super easy to make!
How I make shredded chicken:
- 2-4 chicken tenders or 1-2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pour broth into a skillet that has a lid, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and carefully place chicken into the skillet. Cover with the lid.
- After 4 minutes, carefully flip the chicken and cook another 3-4 minutes. *I found using tongs much easier than using a turner.
- Remove the chicken from skillet and place onto a cutting board. Discard the broth.
- With two forks, shred the chicken.
- Season as you wish.